Captain Gerald Sposato 5-5-52
1st. Lieutenant Phillip Bilmes 5-5-62
2nd. Lieutenant Kevin Dassau 5-5-72
By the end of 1956 the Department wanted to form a 2nd Engine Company within the Department, In December of 1956 Engine Company #2 was formed. The first elected Company Officers were as Follows Kurt Hauck who at the time the 1st Lieutenant of Company 1, 1st Lieutenant: Joseph Bagliere who at the the time was the 2nd Lieutenant of Company 1, and Harry Brown Jr. was elected the 2nd Lieutenant. Until 1967 Engine Company #2 quarters was Headquarters, when Headquarters began to get cramped an the Fire District and community continued to grow a 2nd Firehouse then known as Sub-Station #1 (now called Station #2) opened on Stony Brook Road in Lake Grove It became the new quarters of Company 2 which is still they’re home quarters to this day. With Centereach Fire Department covering most of the Village of Lake Grove Company 2 was named “vigilnat” Engine Company #2 and retains the “Vigilnats” nickname to this day and proudly displays a decal on all Company 2 apparatus of Lake Grove. Engine Company #2 consists of Firefighting & EMS personnel, Company 2 has two Class A Pumpers 5-5-2 & 5-5-6 and an Ambulance assigned as its response apparatus.