Rescue Company

Rescue Company 4
Est. 1976
Location: 9 South Washington Avenue,
Centereach, NY 11720

 

Officers

Captain  Stephen Corvaia 5-5-54

1st. Lieutenant  Kenneth Willms 5-5-64

 

Current Apparatus:

Heavy Rescue 4

Rescue 14

 

Brief History:

Rescue Company #4 was formed in 1976 as Emergency Company #1.  The name was changed to Rescue Company #4 in 2005.  To better understand the history of Rescue Company #4 we go all the way back to 1956 to Rescue Company #1 which was one of the first two companies along with Engine Company #1 operating with a Floodlight/Heavy Rescue truck.  In 1969 Hook & Ladder Company #1 was formed with the purchase and in service of a 85′ Snorkel as the departments first Aerial Apparatus.  Both companies were merged together to become Emergency Company #1. In 1972 our Rescue Company was one of the first departments on the East Coast to purchase and put in service the HURST “Jaws of Life” Spreader a few years prior to the FDNY putting them in service, its used to extricate patients trapped in a vehicle or other machinery.  Rescue Company #4 consists of Firefighting & EMS personnel, Rescue Company has two Rescue Trucks: Heavy Rescue 5-5-4 & Mini Rescue 5-5-14 (both equipped with forcible entry tools, extrication tools and technical rescue equipment) and an Ambulance as its response apparatus